Becoming a member of the Cornell Real Estate Council is an important part of enhancing your career opportunities, expanding your knowledge, growing your professional network, and giving back to the University in a tangible way while engaging with current students. Here are a few of the benefits received exclusively by members of the Council:
- Access to Cornell RE Connect, an on-line membership search tool where you can connect with fellow CREC members based upon shared criteria, such as geographic location, property type expertise and professional interests.
- Attend exclusive members-only CREC Regional Chapter events in your area, and enjoy reduced registration fees for CREC national events
- Network with and build professional relationships with leading participants in the real estate industry, including alumni of Cornell’s world-renowned schools of real estate, business, hotel management, architecture, art and planning, engineering, and more.
- Become a mentor for a current graduate or undergraduate student at Cornell. These mentor-mentee relationships provide invaluable guidance to students as they consider their futures in our industry, and enable CREC members to make a real difference in a young person’s career.
- Share your expertise and your company’s most noteworthy real estate projects with fellow alumni and with current students through CREC’s engagement in guest lecturing on campus, Regional Chapter events, and CREC’s active website and social media feed.
- Enhance your career opportunities or hire Cornell students and alumni to join your firm; CREC has plans to market a student resume handbook and help host career fairs on campus and in select cities.
- Share your CREC membership status on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of giving back to Cornell, helping to expand and improve real estate education at Cornell University, and building the brand of “Real Estate at Cornell”.
Have questions about what it means to be a member of the Cornell Real Estate Council? Get in touch with a member of the CREC Leadership Team.