Senior Analyst, Asset Management
Website ASB Real Estate Investments
ASB Real Estate Investments, a division of ASB Capital Management LLC, is a leading U.S. real estate investment management firm with $10 billion in gross assets under management from over 310 institutional clients. Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, ASB invests in major markets across the United States, concentrating in industrial, multifamily, office, retail, and self-storage properties.
ASB has built success around talented, hard-working individuals who collaborate to gain a broad and integrated understanding of real estate disciplines to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns. We encourage a culture of collaboration, and all members of our team engage in offering their points of view on major decisions in an extremely inclusive management process.
ASB believes that successful real estate investment management requires an equal focus on physical assets and the people who live and work in these spaces. We have exceptional people focused on acquiring, managing, and growing our portfolio that has led to three decades of impressive returns for our investors. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in real estate and partner with an exceptional team named to the Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work 2022. We are looking for people that can demonstrate aspirations for a career in real estate, a solid foundation in the principles investing, or a proven and transferrable skill set that will be advantageous to this company and role.
The Senior Analyst will be part of a team that manages a diversified real estate portfolio across the country. The person in this position will play an integral role in the process of acquiring, financing, and selling assets while working collaboratively with individuals and teams throughout the company.
Our mission is to generate superior risk adjusted investment performance through proven real estate investment strategies and this role will play a key part in the delivery of this goal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engage with joint venture partners, property managers and leasing agents to drive asset performance, maximizing the value and cash flow performance of each investment
- Assist with the development and execution of strategic business plans for assets across multiple product types, including multi-family, office, retail, self-storage, and industrial
- Assist in managing all aspects of asset operations led by local partners / property managers
- Review and manage the completion of annual property budgets and manage and monitor performance to budget throughout the year
- Draft annual business plans and present recommendations to ASB’s investment committee
- Perform market research and interface with local market participants
- Travel to properties to conduct site inspections
- Analyze and assist with the negotiation of prospective leases
- Analyze and manage quarterly property valuations and appraisals
- Prepare cash flow models in Excel and Argus to perform hold/sell analysis on existing real estate investments
- Help oversee, monitor, and implement capital projects; participate from the initial design process through project completion (i.e., driving the look and feel of a building and its spaces to optimize leasing outcomes)
- Conduct site inspections
- Review joint-venture partnership, leasing and property management agreements, and loan documents and ensure compliance to each
Desired Skill Set:
- Strong working knowledge of the principles of asset valuation and asset management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple team members
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with ability and willingness to communicate clearly and persuasively in large group settings
- Superior analytical skills and judgment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines across multiple projects at any given time
- A desire to participate in the creative/design process
- Quick learner
- Proactive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional listening
- Computer aptitude including strong Excel skills
- Strong ability to develop advanced technical skills
- Argus Enterprise proficiency desirable, but not required
EDUCATION / BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in Real Estate, Private Equity, Investment Banking, or Consulting industries
The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.
ASB Real Estate Investments is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We promote diversity and equality within all facets of our organization, and we foster an environment that recognizes employees’ unique skillsets and ensure that all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and advance.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com or 301-986-6000.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job, email your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org