Website AECOM Capital
AECOM is seeking an Investment Analyst to work with our AECOM Capital team. This position will be in-office based in New York, NY.
AECOM Capital Real Estate is an SEC registered investment advisor and institutional investment manager established to focus on large scale, institutional quality commercial real estate projects in U.S. markets. AECOM Capital Real Estate brings a unique skill set inclusive of construction, engineering, and design, as well as institutional investment management across both equity and debt strategies spanning several decades. AECOM Capital’s primary investment objective is to invest Co-GP and LP equity in build-to-core developments of high-quality commercial real estate assets. The platform provides joint venture equity alongside high quality development partners, primarily targeting “build-to-core” investments in the top 25 U.S. markets across all property types, including multifamily, mixed-use, office, hospitality, industrial, and student housing.
Since its founding in 2013, AECOM Capital has developed over 10 million gross square feet of real estate across various property types and geographic regions, totaling over $4.5 billion in gross asset value, with another 9 million gross square feet under construction or in pre-development, totaling over $3.7 billion in development cost. AECOM Capital is currently investing from its $500M Co-GP Fund. With offices in Los Angeles and New York City, ACAP staffs a purpose-built team of investment professionals, asset managers, and design, development, and construction professionals.
The Analyst will support the Managing Partner and other senior investment professionals in the evaluation and underwriting, due diligence, development, and asset management of potential investments. Responsibilities include:
- Create complex, Excel-based acquisition and development cash flow models for the evaluation of potential investment opportunities.
- Collect and analyze market comparable project data in order to benchmark operations and exit value.
- Work with Design + Construction to ensure development budgets are accurate.
- Prepare comprehensive investment memoranda, which clearly communicate the investment opportunity.
- Provide support in executing the closing of transactions including coordinating with capital partners, legal counsel, and title company; providing information for and reviewing settlement statements; and ensuring data organization and integrity.
- Monitor/asset manage existing portfolio assets. Evaluate and underwrite opportunities including recapitalizations and dispositions. Present rationale to senior team members.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow projections for the portfolio and other ad hoc financial reporting as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit aecom.jobs.